What We Believe
On this page a brief statement of our befiefs is given:
- The Bible is the true word of God, and is the authority for all our beliefs.
- We believe there is one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who is the ruler and creator of the Universe.
- "In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth" (Genesis 1 verse 1), "God created man in his own image" (Genesis 1 verse 27), perfect, and for his honour and glory.
- However, man disobeyed God and sinned, therefore everyone born into this world is a sinner, and must face eternal punishment, unless by God's grace they repent of their sin.
- God, in his mercy, sent his only son, the Lord Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners. He suffered and died on the cross, bearing all the sins of those that believe and trust in Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and now lives forever to bring His people safe to Heaven at last.
- We keep the New Testament ordinances of believer's baptism and the Lord's Supper. We practice restricted communion, therefore anyone wishing to receive communion needs to be a baptised believer, and must have satisfied the pastor and deacons of their faith and new birth.
- We use the Authorised (King James) Version of the Bible as we believe this is the most faithful and accurate translation.